Buffalo Hot Wing Soup

I am loving soups these days. I found this recipe on another blog and thought I'd give it a try. Tim and Walter love hot wings. I did a little tweaking to the recipe as I went along. So far the results have been all thumbs up! And best of all, it's cooked in a crock-pot!

2.5 pounds boneless chicken breast
2 large carrots, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
3 ribs of celery, chopped
5 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 pkg ranch dressing mix
1 T smoked paprika
1 box of low sodium chicken broth
Franks Buffalo Hot Wing Sauce. I used about 3/4 cup. (This made a fairly mild soup. I added more hot wing sauce to my own bowl.)
1 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
1 15 ounce can of diced tomatoes w/chilies
1 bag of baby spinach
2 cans of great northern beans, rinsed and drained

Chop the onion, garlic, carrots and celery, add to crockpot. Add the smoked paprika and ranch dressing mix. Add the chicken, chicken broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce and hot sauce. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Shred the chicken with two forks and add it back to the crock pot along with the great northern beans. Right before serving, add the spinach leaves to each individual bowl and pour hot soup on top. The result will be perfectly wilted spinach leaves in your soup.

You could sprinkle bleu cheese on top when you serve if you like.

Serve with crusty french bread!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joda Sauce

Butter Chicken

Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas